Intensive Care Unit
We have 40 years of experience in Critical Care Medicine, including managing Strokes, Heart Attack victims, Poisoning, Acute Renal Failure, Acute Liver Failure, Snake Bites, Burns, Attempted Hanging, Gun Shot Wounds and Road Traffic Accidents.
We also have extensive experience in managing disasters, viz. managing many victims of accidents/disasters at the same time.
We have had the opportunity to save hundreds of lives during the infamous Coimbatore Bomb Blast scenario a few years ago.
Trauma & Emergency Centre: Level 4
- 40 beds exclusively for managing emergency situations, including Brain Injury Ward, Coronary Care Ward and Critical Care Ward, for treating multi-system disease patients and multi-organ failure patients and managing poly-trauma victims (patients having head injury, chest injury, abdomen injury and limb injury, all at the same time).
- Regional Blood Bank keeps a ready stock of 600 units of blood and blood components, including plasma. It functions round-the-clock.
- 24-hour availability of X-Ray, Ultrasound, CT Scan, MRI, Diagnostic Laboratories & Cath Lab.
- First Class Communication facility to call for help
- 24-hour availability of specialists at short notice: General Surgeons, Neuro Surgeons, Cardiologists, Thoracic Surgeons, Cardiac Surgeons, Plastic Surgeons, ENT Surgeons, Paediatric Surgeons, Intensivists, Radiologists, Ultrasonologists, etc., to deal with any emergency situation.
- Availability of fully-equipped 9 operation theatres, which are functional 24 hours a day
- 12 Ambulances, 9 stationed inside the Hospital and 3 located outside the Hospital
- 200 well-qualified Graduate & Diploma Nurses are available for support services.